We are looking for a rock star React Developer. This job is full-time, 40 hours per week.
Regarding our interview process, we believe that formal interviews don’t reasonably reflect people’s ability to deliver, their communication and whether they are a good fit in our organization. So instead, we do more minimal interviews and hire people on a probationary basis and during that time, if either of us feel it isn’t a good fit, then we can choose to part ways. Hopefully you’ll have made some money and learned a few things to add to your CV and we’ve gotten some great code.
Below are some additional details on what we’re looking for in a candidate. We look forward to hearing from you!!
We are looking for someone to enhance and maintain custom enterprise web applications, as well as work on change requests in our current and upcoming BigCommerce and other ecommerce projects.
Role (Overview of the Position)
- Will be responsible for maintaining, bug-fixing, and developing enhancements for ongoing projects built on React, Express, and MongoDB, as well as BigCommerce projects
- Will be expected to be flexible – working on projects solo or with a team of developers, with a project manager and development manager managing and setting expectations
Responsibilities (Tasks Associated with the Role) and Results (Expected Accomplishments)
- Work on backend tasks using Node.js, Express.js, and MongoDB
- Should be able to provide estimated turnaround time and deliver accordingly
- Should have the capacity to commit on project timeline
Results (Success Measures for this role)
- Resolve issues, apply bug fixes, and develop enhancements for projects
- Satisfied clients who continue to want to sign-up for our eCommerce and software development services and would recommend our services to others
Requirements (Expected Proficiencies)
- It’s a plus if you are also knowledgeable with IOS/Android/PWA development
- Experience with ECommerce and ERP software development or operations in general
- Should be able to write unit tests to make sure everything is working properly
- Should be focused with the web application’s performance and excellent user experience
- Ability to convert wireframes and mock-ups designs into quality and scalable front-end code
- Knowledgeable with CSS preprocessors such as Sass or Less
- Ability to convert wireframes and mock-ups designs into quality and scalable front-end code using HTML5, CSS, Grid and FlexBox
- Build modern UI that is mobile-friendly and cross-browser compatible
- Ability to maintain code in an ever-changing environment (git is your friend)
- You are okay developing on your system knowing that it will be deployed on a server you will never access
- An unquenchable thirst for knowledge
- Structured problem solving skills that enable you to break down a large complex challenge into achievable intermediate steps
- Internal motivation to do great work, and require little to no supervision to accomplish tasks
- Mad Google skills that allow you to sort out whatever problems may arise
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills (in English)
- Excellent listening skills with the ability to collect and analyze large amounts of data and info
- Can juggle multiple projects at a time while maintaining keen attention to detail
- Ability to improve business processes
- Adaptable with critical thinking and strong problem-solving skills
- A diligent worker with the ability to be flexible
- Unquestionable integrity
- A rock-solid internet connection and a great computer to work on
If you think you qualify for this role, kindly complete the Coderbyte assessments below:
Don’t worry if you find the above assessment challenging, it gives us a great sense of your skill; do your best, submit whatever you come up with and we will follow-up afterwards.
Let us know when you are done with the assessment together with your application and also let us know if you encounter any issues while doing the assessment.